Thursday 18 April 2013

Day 17


I did a 'Juicer All Dayer' today and made a very refreshing one this afternoon, I'm calling it the:


                                                          Mango Fandango


1 mango
2 apples
2 oranges
handful of Grapes
handful of Strawberries
a little purified water

I'm feeling really good. Also, this morning my 'Enema Kit' arrived!! Hey, ho, this is going to be interesting. What can I say, my major detox continues and I'm approaching it from all angles!!

At the weekend the family went to Quex Park in Kent. There is the very interesting Powell-Cotton Museum there and also some beautiful surrounding gardens.

                                   .





Afterwards, we went to Margate to visit the 'Shell Grotto', a magical 'cave' discovered in the 1800's but the actual date it was created is still unknown. I picked up some wonderful shells from the shop there for my bathroom. Fascinating place, so if you are ever in Margate, it's well worth a visit.




My husband is returning from business on Saturday and I'm going to prepare a lovely 'Welcome Home' meal. I'm very excited about it and got all the ingredients today. I'm starting with what I call 'Quex Salad' ( I had this at the weekend at a restaurant very near to Quex Park).

                                                                       Quex Salad

a bed of chopped Iceberg Lettuce
sweet potatoes
chopped red onions if desired
new potatoes
green pepper
goats cheese
pine nuts
preferred dressing

Then for the main course I'm doing a 'Summer Vegetable Pie' with Sweet Potato and Kale Chips. All very healthy. I'm not sure what I will be having but am looking forward to making it.

Then for dessert I'm doing a 'Mixed Fruit Meringue Sundae' which consists of blackberries and raspberries, raspberry ice cream and broken meringue nests all layered in a tall glass. But I'll just be having the fruit ..naturally!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment