Saturday 27 April 2013

Day 25

Hi there, well I haven't written for a while. Things have been busy. The last week has been a mixture of successful days and not so successful but yesterday I did fall off the wagon...as they say. It's been a week of entertaining, so lots of temptations but the real test was yesterday and unfortunately I didn't do too well, My brother-in-law is visiting today so yesterday I had to make one of my delicious carrot cakes from the Hummingbird recipe book...as he absolutely loves them. Then disastrously  because it was hot and the cream frosting got a bit runny in the heat, the top layer of the carrot cake started sliding off the top. It was like a bad dream, I kept shoving it back on but then it would slowly start its descent until the whole layer broke in two. So I had to discard that but I was able to make good the rest of the cake for today...phew! But..and here's the but...inevitably I was left with the yummy disaster cast off and that's when I 'fell off'. I haven't had sugar for over three weeks which is really good for me and as soon as it hit my lips, I felt a tingling sensation but not from rapturous euphoria, it was my mouth reacting to an artificial substance. Also with in ten minutes, I had ulcers forming inside my mouth. Isn't that weird and just goes to show 'it ain't good ' for you. So I simply have to do an 'juice all-dayer' today or I will just end up blowing all my hard work. I'm getting very close to the weight where I start looking really good and feeling confident with my body so I need to make sure I don't ruin all my efforts. Wish me luck!!! I've been reading more of Norman Walkers 'Becoming Younger' and he's talking about all the vital organs and I realised I didn't know where half of them were like the pancreas etc.  We live all our life with our body and because we can't see inside of it, we kind of ignore it, so distracted are we by 'out there' so I'm going to look at a diagram of where all my organs are and what all their jobs are. The human body is quite simply a miracle when you think about it and most of us simply don't take enough care of it. And here it is:





No comments:

Post a Comment