Tuesday 2 April 2013

DAY 1



Because yesterday was my 'Last Supper Day' I had sugar and it also ended up being a 'Junky Day' in the true sense of the word.. Last night on the way home from work I started munching on a biscuit and was surprised when I found myself tossing the half eaten remnants into the gutter for the city rats of London to feast on. I imagined them squealing in delight in the dark of night as they chanced upon my discarded white chocolate cookie! (I've just read this out to my husband and he said' You didn't tell me that...I don't know the half of it, do I? Well, for the record, I intend on being completely honest on this blog). But I was already psychologically preparing for Day 1...which is today!!! What has inspired me on this quest is that I have been reading Norman Walkers' books on healthy eating and nutrition. I'll explain more about him later but he wrote many books and I was told about them by my father-in-law, Anthony Christian, a very talented artist, writer and photographer along with his wife, artist Marian Fannon.(You can see their wonderful work @: www.ichorgallery.com)
Anyway, I have come to realise that if I go on eating in the way that I do, there is no doubt that I am heading for either diabetes, cancer, heart disease or a stroke amongst other lesser ailments. I have a choice and I don't want to leave it too late. Like Norman Walker says 'Tomorrow may be too late' and contrary to popular belief, according to Norman Walker illness and disease does not have to be the normal course and inevitability of our lives.

So I am starting my regime by 'fasting' not in the true sense of the word which is as they do on 'Ramadan' or Lent where you don't eat or drink anything for a determined period of time but as of today I am having just water and juice, made from fresh fruits. I've had four glasses of juice so far. This may seem a bit extreme but I'm going along with Norman Walker for the moment as a lot of what he says makes sense and he suggests 'fasting' for 3-6 days to start with. I can't see myself at the moment getting past Day 1 but here goes.

Anyway because of all the crap I ate yesterday, of course I woke up 'groggy', a fave word of mine, achy and sore. Since around September 2011 since having flu which lasted ages, I have pretty much had an accumulation of phlegm in my sinuses like I've never known in my life and its never really gone away so I am hoping that one of the benefits of what I am embarking on, clears this up. It is terrible but at times it makes me dizzy and blocks my ears. It's awful I've let it go on this long but more about that later.
So my weight this morning (I'm ashamed to say) was 11 stone 13, there I've said it. I'm not considered obese as I am 5'7" but I am on the way if I don't turn this around.

But what I do have to share with you on Day 1 is that I managed to kick my addiction to cola. I've been off the evil stuff for 5 weeks now. Onwards I go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment