Thursday 4 April 2013

DAY 3

I'm on a roll!! I've completed DAY 3 of 'fasting' and it feels great! My son and I went out for the day so I had the challenge of how I was going to keep up the 'fast'. So this morning I made a whole load of fruit juice and took it out with me, I felt like a donkey!!. It was absolutely fine! It's so simple, no temptations, just a confidence that it's all good what I'm putting into myself and I'm not even thinking about food which is such a change for me! This morning I didn't make my first juice until about midday...you don't know how out of character that is for me...not thinking about what I'm going to eat next. But I am aware that I can't go on like this, I will have to start eating solids in the next couple of days. Norman Walker advises to not fast for more than 6 days so I'll see about when I will break it. Actually, I was a little tempted this evening as I made my husband what we call 'Sexy Pasta' and I thought gosh I really could eat this, I felt like diving into it.

                                                               'Sexy Pasta'

boil some wholemeal pasta
once cooked add basil pesto sauce (make your own is best)
add steamed spinach
fried mushrooms
cherry tomatoes
chopped mozzarella cheese
olive oil to give the moistness
pomodoro cheese to sprinkle

One of my hobbies is photography and I wanted to show you my latest effort. I was actually sitting down on a low stool in the kitchen and chatting away to my son when I looked up out of the window and saw the most amazing image of next doors roof through a spherical glass vase we have on the window ledge. The curvature of the glass was slightly distorting the roof top and it was just such a wonderful image so I grabbed the camera and here's the result.





The vase was actually a wedding present and it always reminds me of my childhood as my mother used to fill it half way up with water and then float a rose head in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment